I have joined the University of Kent in February 2012 as a Lecturer in Finance. From 2012 to 2016 I was with the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science while since 1st of September 2016 I have joined the Kent Business School. I hold a PhD in Finance from the Department of Accounting and Finance at the University of Macedonia, Greece (2010), a Master’s degree in Financial Mathematics from Heriot-Watt University and University of Edinburgh, UK (2004) and a BSc in Applied Mathematics with focus on finance from the University of Crete, Greece (2003).
I am a member of the Centre of Quantitative Finance (CeQuFin), the Kent Centre for Finance (KCF) and the Centre for Actuarial Science, Risk and Investment (CASRI).
I have acted as the Deputy Director of Studies for the MSc in Finance and the pathway: International Accounting and the Director of Studies of the BSc Financial Mathematics and PG-R Teaching coordinator.
My research interests have always been closely related to Financial Engineering and applications of Artificial Intelligence in finance. More precisely my research interests include:
- Modelling and pricing of financial derivatives
- Weather and Energy markets
- Machine Learning
- Neural and Wavelet Networks
- Wavelet Analysis
Editor and Reviewer in Scientific Journals
- International Journal of Neural Networks
- Journal of American Statistical Association
- International Journal of Forecasting
- North American Actuarial Journal
- Computational Economics
- Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
- Advances in Artificial Intelligence
Kent Business School
University of Kent
Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7FS
Tel: +44 (0) 1227 827702
Email: A.Alexandridis “at” kent.ac.uk