I am a social and organisational psychologist with business and academic experience. Before beginning my PhD, I was a consultant in HR and organisational behaviour, having worked for Deloitte (Human Capital) and freelance between Sep 2006 – Dec 2009. During this period, I worked with a variety of clients from different industries in developing and improving their HR strategies and organizational culture. This experience now informs my ongoing applied research in organisational psychology and consultancy work. During this period I also completed an MSc in Social Psychology. I started my academic career in Jan 2014 two weeks after finishing my PhD and took up a teaching and scholarship lectureship in Kent until Apr 2016. Then, I was a lecturer in Psychology at the University of Roehampton. I have recently re-joined Kent in a research position.
My PhD investigated the conditions that (1) lead groups to accept ingroup deviant members and (2) allow deviant members to gain influence within their groups. My current research covers both basic research in social psychology as well as applied research in organisations. Specifically, I am investigating:
- Leadership, diversity, and well-being at work
- Impact of deviant, extremist, and unethical members on group dynamics
- Prejudice and strategies to promote outgroup prosociality
- Social-psychological antecedents of animal exploitation
- Randsley de Moura, G., Leicht, C., Leite, A. C., Crisp, R., & Gocłowska, M. (in press). Leadership diversity: Effects of counterstereotypical thinking on the support for women leaders under uncertainty. Journal of Social Issues (special issue).
- Van de Vyver, J., Leite, A. C., Abrams, D., & Palmer, S. B. (in press). Brexit or bremain? A person and social analysis of voting decisions in the EU referendum. Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology. doi: 10.1002/casp.2341
- Douglas, K. M., & Leite, A. C. (2017). Suspicion in the workplace: Organizational conspiracy theories and work-related outcomes. British Journal of Psychology, 108(3), 486–506. doi: 10.1111/bjop.12212
- Leite, A. C., Cardoso, S. G., Marques, A. G., & Morais, C. (2017). “Believing is adapting”: Belief in a just world and emigrants’ identification and satisfaction with the host country. Revista de Psicología Social/International Journal of Social Psychology, 32 (2), 424-439. doi: 10.1080/02134748.2017.1291743
- Dhont, K., Hodson, G., & Leite, A. C. (2016). Common ideological roots of speciesism and generalized ethnic prejudice: The social dominance human-animal relations model (SD-HARM). European Journal of Personality, 30, 507-522. doi: 10.1002/per.2069
- Leite, A. C., Pinto, I.R., & Marques, J.M. (2016). Do ambiguous normative ingroup members increase tolerance for deviants? Swiss Journal of Psychology, 75, 47-52. doi: 10.1024/1421-0185/a000170