We gave them tasks which involved:
- setting up a new site
- creating a new page
- editing various block elements
- setting up a menu.
Overall the usability seemed an improvement on Dreamweaver.
“Much cleaner. Not so scary looking”
“Simple and straightforward”
The testing has managed us to identify a few issues which we plan to fix or add features in the future including:
- undo function
- better visual cues to which sections are being edited
- improving preview for mobile
- improving text editing interface
- using Plain English to refine labels and notifications
- using effective alerts when deleting content
- providing contextual support when editing (such as image, copyright and accessibility guidelines)
- better defaults, such as refining character limits
- less obtrusive messaging
- refining the user interface with improvement to some layout and buttons.