Site Editor user testing

In October we did user testing on Site Editor with six web publishers from around the university.

Screenshot showing SiteEditor panels

We gave them tasks which involved:

Overall the usability seemed an improvement on Dreamweaver.

“Much cleaner. Not so scary looking”

“Simple and straightforward”

The testing has managed us to identify a few issues which we plan to fix or add features in the future including:

  • undo function
  • better visual cues to which sections are being edited
  • improving preview for mobile
  • improving text editing interface
  • using Plain English to refine labels and notifications
  • using effective alerts when deleting content
  • providing contextual support when editing (such as image, copyright and accessibility guidelines)
  • better defaults, such as refining character limits
  • less obtrusive messaging
  • refining the user interface with improvement to some layout and buttons.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *