For some assignments you will need to go beyond your reading list and do your own independent research. The Library subscribes to a number of subject databases helping you to find academic books and journal articles on your chosen topic.
Subject Specific databases:
- SportDiscus – index of sport and exercise science literature. Includes sport medicine, psychology, rehabilitation, occupational therapy and more. Full text to journal articles provided for over 200 journals as well.
- PubMed – index of biomedical and life sciences literature including the Medline database. You can get help with PubMED tutorials or watch on our own excellent introductory video below:
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Collection (Henry Stewart Talks) – seminar style audio-visual talks presented by world leading scientists to keep researchers up to date.
- Business Source Ultimate – useful for sports management.
- CINAHL – useful for sports health and treatment
- Cochrane Library – database of Cochrane systematic reviews, controlled trials, and systematic reviews, economic evaluations or health technology assessments
- PsycInfo – useful for sports psychology
- Visible Body – useful for anatomy and physiology, provides 3D imagery
- Web of Science – large database providing full text and abstracts (article summaries) for peer-reviewed literature.
- Scopus – multi-disciplinary database providing full text and abstracts (article summaries) for peer-reviewed literature.
Check out our digital resources directory to find others that might be useful to your studies.