Meet our LLM Student Ambassador: Alexandra

Each year, Kent Law School invites all LLM students who have successfully applied for scholarships at Kent to become LLM Ambassadors.

Alexandra Nadasan’s chosen Kent LLM pathway is in International Law and International Commercial Law.

I am originally from Romania, I lived in Germany for a few years and then I moved to the UK to fulfil my dream of studying at an English university. A few months ago, I graduated with an LLB in European Legal Studies from Kent Law School and I decided to stay on for another year to pursue my postgraduate studies.

One of the main reasons for choosing Kent was the university’s international outlook and welcoming approach to everyone, students and staff, regardless of their background. I consider myself lucky to be studying at a university that values diversity and the many benefits it brings. I believe that my studies, as well as my evolvement as a person, have immensely benefited from studying and being part of such an open-minded and inclusive environment.

All throughout my studies I have been involved in various co- and extra-curricular activities such as being part of committees in student societies or volunteering at Kent Law Clinic. I have worked part-time with Kent Union, as the student representative for Thomson Reuters (Westlaw) since last year, and have also undertaken some legal work experience placements with the help of the employability services on campus.

I became a Student Ambassador in my first year because, even though I wasn’t yet familiar with all the ins and outs of student life, I was very keen on presenting the university and the campus from my perspective as well as sharing my experiences. I continued in this position throughout my undergraduate studies and also now during my Master’s, with the same enthusiasm and plenty more experiences to talk about.

The Kent LLM offers a choice of nine specialist pathways, with the freedom to leave your choice of specialism open until after you arrive. You can choose to study full-time or part-time, with the option to begin your studies in September or January.

Discover more about studying the Kent LLM: