Kent Law School Skills Hub
The Skills Hub is a physical and online space for law students designed to offer support with anything related to your academic study (except the answers!)
We can offer advice and guidance on anything related to skills development such as:
- Approaching assessments – structuring essays, working with sources, case notes etc
- Core skills
- Exam preparation / revision
- Problem questions and essays
- Reading & note taking
- Reading cases
- Referencing (and OSCOLA)
- Strategies for coping with workload/time management
- Understanding & acting on feedback
You’ll find lots of really helpful and comprehensive resources online, via the Skills Hub’s Moodle Module (Module DP2000 – available to current students only).
You’ll also find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions in our Kent Law School Skills Hub FAQ document.
Or you can come and see us in our dedicated drop-in space in Eliot College W4.3. We’re open every week day during term time (check the Moodle page for our opening hours).
We also offer:
- Targeted workshops
- Various podcasts or live lectures at relevant times designed to help you improve the study skills you require to succeed
- A dedicated email service and on-line advice forum
What we do NOT do:
We can’t advise you on content-specific queries. For questions relating to module content, you’ll need to see your seminar leader. And we can’t provide the answers to your assessment questions! We can help you with how to approach your work, but you have to do the work yourself!
The Skills Hub team
The Skills Hub team, led by Dr Marie Kerin, comprises:
- Eliot College W4.3
- Accessibility: if you are taking the lift go to Level 4, turn left out of the lift and then take the first corridor to your right. The Skills Hub is on your left.
- Phone (during opening times): 01227 816241 (Ext:16241)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we aim to respond within two working days)