Kent Law School Skills Hub
The Skills Hub is a physical and online space for law students designed to offer support with anything related to your academic study (except the answers!) We are based in Eliot College, Room W4.3
We can offer advice and guidance on anything related to skills development such as:
- Approaching assessments – structuring essays, working with sources, case notes etc
- Core skills
- Exam preparation/revision
- Problem questions and essays
- Reading & note-taking
- Reading cases
- Referencing (and OSCOLA)
- Strategies for coping with workload/time management
- Understanding & acting on feedback
You’ll find lots of really helpful and comprehensive resources online, via the Skills Hub’s Moodle Module (available to current students only).
We’re open every weekday during term time (check the Moodle page for our opening hours) for one-to-one bookable online appointments.
We also offer:
- Targeted workshops
- Various podcasts or live lectures at relevant times designed to help you improve the study skills you require to succeed
- A dedicated email service and online advice forum
What we do NOT do:
We can’t advise you on content-specific queries. For questions relating to module content, you’ll need to see your seminar leader. And we can’t provide the answers to your assessment questions! We can help you with how to approach your work, but you have to do the work yourself!
The Skills Hub team
The Skills Hub team is led by Dr Tom Frost.