Mental Health and Wellbeing continues to remain a Key focus for the University, for both Staff and Students.
Kent already provides a large variety of wellbeing support, initiatives, and training for staff.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Psychotherapy available through Occupational Health (OH) team.
- Health and Wellbeing Strategy Statement and Psychological Wellbeing Standard
- Mental Health ‘One Stop Shop
- Staff Health & Wellbeing Yammer Channel
- Future of work eLearning modules and Guidance document
- Reasonable Adjustments e-learning with information on the inclusion passport is available via Staff Moodle
- Online Moodle training packages for staff on wellbeing and mental health.
- Mental Health Ally Training
- We have arranged several training sessions in relation to mental health in conjunction with our Local Mind Charity – we have session of each running, each term either over Teams, in Canterbury or at the Mind Facility in Folkestone – all bookable via Staff connect.
Managing Mental Health At work Introduction to workplace Mental health and wellbeing Mental Health Awareness Understanding depression Understanding Stress and Anxiety
- Thriving@Work team which is looking to implement the recommendations from the Government Stevenson/Farmer review
- Mind – Mentally healthy university’s commitment
- Student Minds Charter
- JSNCC subgroup on staff wellbeing
- Mental Health Allies
Introducing Kent’s Mental Health Allies
A mental health ally is someone who takes action to raise awareness and challenges stigma.
The role of the mental health ally is to signpost those with mental health concerns to available support and resources.
It is also their role to challenge negative perceptions.
Who are our Mental Health Allies
We have a range of mental health allies across the university, representing all areas and all levels of the organisation. We want you to reach out to someone who you feel comfortable with. Take a look to see if you have one in your area.
Becoming a Mental Health Ally
If you would like to become a mental health ally, view the full role description on the Mental Health and Wellbeing Support pages, and join the next virtual sessions via MS teams and bookable via staff connect.