A new EDI Forum Teams site has been created for all staff and students – join the teams site to start talking Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Don’t waste IT resources or interfere with others’ legitimate use.
- Don’t behave towards others in a way that isn’t acceptable in the physical world
Active Bystander Staff Training
- A video demonstrating bystander apathy
- Specific references for the HE Sector
- References to high profile examples of inappropriate/unacceptable behaviour
- Decision-making techniques to help people overcome fear and self doubt when faced with a challenging situation
- Assertiveness techniques to give them the confidence and tools to speak out, whether they are dealing with the challenge directly or calling for help from others.
Staff EDI Rep Induction
- Overview of role
- EDI Governance and teams at Kent
- EDI Projects/Networks
- Online resources
- Good Practice and Communication Tips
- EDI website
Inclusive Employers webinars
University Harassment Contacts – we need you!
Staff – University Harassment Contacts are trained staff members who can be contacted for advice and support. Staff or students can choose to contact any of the Harassment Contacts and may prefer to speak to someone from a different department or section about intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive conduct or unwanted conduct of a sexual nature, for example.
The EDI team would like a more diverse group of Harassment Contacts. If you are interested in becoming a harassment contact for the University of Kent please email email@example.com where we can take you through what it involves.
The next introductory session will take place 30th March 14.00-16.00