2019 was a busy time for us as we facilitated a year of training, events and presentations. 2020 will be just as exciting, and we are looking forward to supporting the University with a wide range of activities and events.
Our sessions are bookable via Staff Connect, and some ones to look out for in the first part of the year are:
- Pre-retirement Bite Size session, Medway campus – Monday 20 January 2020 (am) session
- Crucial Conversations, Canterbury campus – Monday 27 January and Thursday 21 February 2020 (2 full days)
- Resilience and Wellbeing, Medway campus – Tuesday 4 February 2020 (am) session
- Recruitment and Selection Part 2 Full Programme, Canterbury Campus – Thursday 19 February 2020 (all day session)
- Central Staff Induction event, Canterbury campus – Monday 2 March 2020 (am) session
- Promoting Inclusion, Canterbury Campus – Wednesday 18 March 2020 (am) session
- Understanding Statistics in your job, Canterbury Campus – Thursday 23 April 2020 (am) session
L&OD Staff Guide
We are proud to share our brand new guide, which offers more in depth knowledge of what we have on offer for all staff. This can be viewed online via our website, or by clicking the link here.
Apprenticeships are for everyone
Here at Kent we are seeing more and more teams supporting existing colleagues through an Apprenticeship as well as recruiting new employees as Apprentices. Our Employee Apprenticeship Manager, Loretta Izod, is always happy to offer support and guidance for staff thinking about undertaking an apprenticeship in one of the many career occupations, and can be contacted via email or telephone, L.J.Izod@kent.ac.uk ext 16568
Bag Week 2020
Belong and Grow – it’s your BAG week, or #BAG week took place in May 2019. The aim of the week was to celebrate diversity, promote wellbeing and encourage learning for all staff and students. We had a jam packed week of sessions including Yoga, Mind Mapping, Deaf Awareness, Canine Therapy and much more! After such a successful week, we are busy making plans to do it all again, so be sure to look out for details, and save the date – w/c 18th May 2020.