Tayla’s XF diary – week 1

This first week of the competition has been great. Painful, but great. I haven’t seen too many physical results just yet – it’s still early days, however I’ve noticed I’m becoming better at facing smaller mental hurdles. Usually after a long day full of lectures I feel too tired to add gym on top of that, in fear I might drop a weight on my face – which wouldn’t be too fun. But, I’m starting to decipher between physical and mental tiredness. Afterwards, of course, I go to sleep for what feels like beautiful decades.

I’ve been weight training for approximately a year and a half now, but have never seen the results I wanted due to inconsistency. I tend to switch between periods of being fully self-motivated and gym consistently, or wanting to hide away in a cocoon of blankets with multiple bars of chocolate until my stress goes away, which in turn, reverses all the hard work I previously did. Since I’ve started my training with Ben, I find I’m definitely a lot more motivated to make every gym session. If I don’t make one day, I try to make it up the next day so I still get all my training days in.

Speaking of Ben, I couldn’t have picked a better trainer! I’ve trained with him in the past, so he somewhat already knew what my training was like and just intensified my usual routine. I sometimes reach a certain point in my training where I set imaginary limits that I think I cannot surpass, but Ben practically shows me I’m full of rubbish each session and that I can definitely do it. I do, however, still think that the versaclimber is a slow form torture.