Is it safe to visit the clinic and Kent Sport?
Staff have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure the facilities are compliant with not only Government policy, but also University policy in relation to Covid-19.
A risk assessment has been completed on the facilities, activities, staff, and also the physiotherapy clinic and all therapists understand this.
We will use PPE to treat you and we take your safety extremely seriously.
Staff are having weekly lateral flow tests.
Entering Kent Sport and onwards to the Kent Sport Physiotherapy Clinic
To adhere to distancing measures, entrance to the Sports Centre will be staggered to help Kent Sport support all customers. Please wait outside the Sports Centre and a member of staff will meet you and welcome you into the building. Appointment times will be slightly different to ensure patients arrive and leave the clinic at different times and allow time between appointments to thoroughly clean. We will still be offering online consultations if you would prefer this method.
How will my clinic experience differ?
You will be asked to complete forms electronically prior to the appointment. They are editable and do not require access to a printer. Once completed, please return to: email@example.com. If this is not possible, the physiotherapist can complete with you during the session.
Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email explaining what to expect and the main changes include:
- Please do not arrive more than five minutes before your appointment time and please wait outside the Sports Centre. Your therapists will come and greet you.
- A face mask will be provided and all clients must wear one. Unfortunately, no mask means that we are unable to treat you.
- Please wear your treatment attire (vest top and shorts) under your clothes as our changing rooms will not be open at this time. You may change into your attire in the treatment room while the physiotherapist waits outside, if you wish.
- Parking is available in the Pay and Display zone behind the Sports Centre. The space is free of charge for Kent Sport physio patients. Please give your vehicle registration at main reception of the Sports Centre. Make sure you leave in good time as parking can be busy during term time.
- You will be asked to wash your hands thoroughly before entering the treatment area, and again before leaving the clinic.
- Please be aware that your physiotherapist will be wearing the appropriate PPE to treat you.
- All physiotherapy appointments will be 45-minutes regardless if it is an initial or a review.
- Massage appointments will be 30-minutes in length. If you would like 60-minutes, please ask and we can look to accommodate this.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Kent Sport facilities, please visit our FAQs.