Kent Amateur Football League Plate Final

On Saturday 27 May, after a long league and plate competition, Hold My Beer FC and Canterbury Koalas lined up to face each other to be named the KAFL Plate Champions 2017 (the Europa cup for the KAFL competition).

Gabriel Sepulveda, from Hold My Beer FC, opened the scoring in the first half. Canterbury Koalas soon replied with a goal from Tom Prescott Frost to make the scores equal. The scores remained equal until half time.

Fifteen minutes into the second half, after a beautiful piece of skill from man of the match, Gabriel, he slotted the ball between the goal keeper’s legs to make it 2-1 to Hold my Beer.

Just five minutes later, a cut back to Javier Equidazu on the edge of the box saw the ball in the back of the net once more as Javier calmly slotted the ball into the bottom right corner with a first touch finish.

A Koalas come back looked on the cards when James Treddinick scored a direct free kick looping the ball over goalkeeper, Will Gibson Garcia’s head, who had pulled off numerous stunning saves just moments before.

However, Hold my Beer FC managed to hold on to their lead and the final score finished 3-2 to Hold My Beer FC. Congratulations to Hold My Beer FC for their plate win in their inaugural season as a team.

If you are interested in entering a team into the KAFL competition next year. Email sportsdevelopment@kent.ac.uk for more details.