Jasmine Pomeroy: success at WIKF European Championships

Building on achievements during her undergraduate studies, including Sports Scholar of the Year (2016-17), University of Kent student Jasmine Pomeroy is now working towards completing her Master’s in Forensic Osteology and Field Recovery Methods and has recently returned from the WIKF European Championships that were held in Braga, Portugal. Here she updates us on that experience:

“This competition was quite a success for myself. Despite obtaining an injury to my foot during training two days before the event, I competed in four events and made three showcase finals. Day 1 saw my weight category event, -68kg, where I won the gold medal. On day 2, the first event was the team Kumite, in which we took the bronze medal. This was actually disappointing, however I had to regroup to fight in the Senior Female open weight shortly after. I made it to the final, but unfortunately lost to a great competitor from the Netherlands, obtaining the silver medal in this event. Finally, I competed in the Female Champions Cup which is in essence the showcase event in which all senior female finalists can enter. I had to overcome my fatigue and niggling injuries to pull through to the final, where I beat the same opponent I had lost to in the open weight category, winning this event, which was the highlight of the competition for me. I thoroughly enjoyed competing in this event and having the chance to perform on this huge stage.”

Congratulations to Jasmine on her success at this event! To stay up to date with Kent Sport news, Like UniKentSports on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and visit the Kent Sport events calendar to see what’s on.