We’re looking for new and returning students who are interested in joining our paid Digital Ambassador programme. As a Digital Ambassador, you’ll represent Kent Business School to prospective home and international students who are considering studying at Kent. This is your chance to share your story and connect with fellow students around the world. We’re looking for students who are creative, funny and open to blog, photograph for Instagram and create videos throughout their time as students studying at Kent Business School.
What are your responsibilities as a Digital Ambassador?
Depending upon your selected role you will be focusing most of your time on blogging, instagramming or creating videos for YouTube. You are expected to spend a minimum of 5 hours per month in your role as a Digital Ambassador. This is a paid position.
There are three types of Digital Ambassador. This allows you to focus your time and effort on the channel you are most passionate about:
- Blogger: As part of our blogging team you will focus on writing posts for the Kent Business School blog, posting one blog per month minimum.
- Instagrammer: You will share the responsibility of running our Instagram account including photos, stories and Instagram live. There will also be opportunities to run occasional takeovers across other Social Media platforms. As well as this you will also be expected to blog periodically.
- Videographer: You will be expected to produce short instructional videos about life and studies at Kent Business School for our YouTube account. You should be comfortable with all stages of the video creation process. You will also be expected to blog periodically.
- You should love telling stories and communicating with people from different backgrounds. This can be through text, video, photo or your media of choice. The important thing is that you have a passion for communication and people.
- We’re looking for students from all different international backgrounds – not just native speakers of English.
- You should be comfortable with representing Kent Business School.
- You can make a commitment to spending a minimum of five hours a month during the semester on being a Digital Ambassador and to attending meetups two to three times during the academic year.
Who can apply?
Applications will be accepted from home and international students who are studying a master’s or bachelor’s degree at Kent Business School.
How to apply
To apply, please send the application documents below by email to email@example.com by Monday 18 December 2017 (00.00 local English time).
All documents submitted should be in English. If you speak Mandarin, please also send a sample blog post in Mandarin.
Application documents for all applicants
- Email text: Make sure you state your name, the programme you are studying what year of study you are in. State which role(s) you’d like to apply for, e.g. Blogger, Instagrammer or Videographer. You may apply for more than one role if you wish.
- An outline CV including links or samples to any relevant social media profiles that you maintain (blog, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Weibo, etc.). Make sure to make your account public if you have a private account.
- A sample blog post, maximum 300 words. Use one of the following topics, or choose your own:
- Tell us about something you often do in your everyday life.
- Compare life in your hometown to another country or city where you’ve lived.
- Describe what you’re expecting from your time at Kent Business School and why.
- Tell us about a culture clash that you’ve been through.
- A supporting statement of maximum 400 words answering the questions why do you want to become a Kent Business School Digital Ambassador.
Additional application documents
- A statement of maximum 200 words listing three blogs you like and why you like them.
- A statement of maximum 200 words listing three Instagram accounts you like and why you like them.
- A link to your Instagram account. Don’t forget to make your account public until the application process is complete.
- A link or attachment to a short instructional video of maximum three minutes that teaches us something. It can be about any topic you like. We want to see your ability to create and produce content for video.
- A link to your YouTube account or any other samples you’d like to include.
For further information about the Digital Ambassador Scheme, please contact a member of the Marketing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you. Please remember, applications will only be considered if they are submitted by Monday 18 December 2017 (00.00 local English time).