Student Blogger: My Canterbury Summer School Experience

By Rama Taimour, Middle East University

summer-school

In June of this year, Kent Business School Canterbury hosted a Summer School programme ‘Global Business in a Dynamic Environment’. The two-week residential programme was designed for those who want to gain insight into the core theories and activities involved in international business and experience postgraduate study at the University of Kent. In her blog post Rama Taimour, a student at Middle East University, shares her experience.

This summer I was lucky enough to attend the University of Kent’s Summer School programme ‘Global Business in a Dynamic Environment’. I can honestly say that I have never learned so much in such short space of time. During the two weeks, we had the privilege of being taught by professors from Georgetown University in Washington DC and from the University of Kent in Canterbury. The overall experience was amazing, the professors shared their personal experiences with us, and we were able to discuss different topics in business, from law to marketing.

“I met a wonderful group of people and made friends from different countries, got to explore the beauty of Canterbury, Whitstable, and London through trips led by Kent’s student alumni, and got to experience what it was like to study a Master’s at the University of Kent.”

The main objective of the course was writing an editorial related to International Business, which was challenging, as I personally had never written an editorial. We were guided by a group of very talented experts that worked at the University of Kent, including entrepreneur Adam Smith as well as academics including Professor Michael Czinkota. Now, I can confidently say that I can write an editorial about any subject, not only on international business.

It is not only the course and the taught material that I enjoyed. I met a wonderful group of people and made friends from different countries, got to explore the beauty of Canterbury, Whitstable, and London through trips led by Kent’s student alumni, and got to experience what it was like to study Masters at the University of Kent.

I have already suggested Kent’s Summer School’s to my university in Jordan, as I believe that plenty of other students will enjoy the experience and truly benefit from it.

Many thanks to Rama for sharing her experience. Find out more about Kent Business School postgraduate programmes and Summer Schools at the University of Kent.