Student Ambassador, Nicole: ‘This course has such a diverse group of people’

Spotlight on our Student Ambassador, Nicole Nguyen

Nicole is studying Marketing with a Year in Industry and is one of our wonderful Student Ambassadors. Read about her experience of studying at Kent Business School.

What surprised you the most about studying at Kent Business School?

As an international student, I didn’t have the opportunity to visit the campus before arriving at the University of Kent so, when I first got here, I was really surprised about how beautiful the campus is; the scenery is just stunning. I was also really surprised with the amount of support that we received from our academics since, before coming to university, I thought that you’d be very much on your own.

What do you love the most about studying Marketing?

I have been really enjoying my final year modules, focusing heavily on the implementation of technology-driven innovations in business; the discussions during lectures and seminars have been interesting as well as the assignment tasks! This course has such a diverse group of people, and everyone is very supportive.

Tell us about your social life at Kent.

I was in Kent Dance and Kpop Dance in my first year, as well as Kent ABACUS. I was the social secretary for Kent ABACUS in my second year as well! I’m currently in my final year and I’m still in UKC Kpop and ABACUS! Societies are where you meet people and become good friends. We have so many social spaces to hangout on campus – K Bar, Venue, Hut8, Mungo’s, Woody’s, and The Gulbenkian Theatre for movies as well!

What do you wish you knew before you started at Kent Business School that could have helped you prepare?

I wish I had followed the University and the Business School’s social media more often! This is because, at the beginning of every new academic year, there will be posts and videos from current students talking about what it’s like being here and what you need to prepare, whether it’s about living on your own or how to adapt to the academic side of University.

Where do you want your degree and experience to take you after you graduate?

Having pursued a Marketing degree and completing an industrial placement as well as being a part-time artist, I want to take the knowledge and skills I have acquired during my time here to pursue a career in the entertainment and gaming industry.

Interested in studying BSc Marketing with a Year in Industry?

Interested in becoming a Student Ambassador? Find out more here.