Student Ambassador, Rebecca: ‘The professors will always make time for you’

Spotlight on our Student Ambassador, Rebecca Dan

Rebecca is studying BSc Finance and Investment with a Year in Industry and is one of our wonderful student ambassadors. Read about her experience of studying at Kent Business School.

What surprised you the most about studying at Kent Business School?

The willingness to help and the genuineness of staff at KBS is what I found most surprising. To think that there are hundreds of students within KBS, the professors will always make time for you no matter what your concerns or enquiries are.

What do you love the most about studying Finance and Investment?

All the theories and concepts I learn during my Finance and Investment course are applicable to real-life. As I would like to pursue a career in this field, I strongly believe I am prepared, with the knowledge I have acquired, to be successful beyond university.

Tell us about your social life at Kent.

Going into first year without knowing anyone can be daunting but it is very likely everyone else is in the same boat as you. It is really important to socialise with your flatmates as well as your course mates. There are so many societies to get involved in across the two campuses – I am certain you’d find one that tickles your fancy!

What do you wish you knew before you started at Kent Business School that could have helped you prepare?

If I went back in time, I honestly wouldn’t change anything. Not knowing what to expect when beginning my journey at KBS was the beauty of it. Higher education is all about learning from the new experiences which are outside your comfort zone.

Where do you want your degree and experience to take you after you graduate?

With my Year in Industry experience, I find applying for graduate jobs just that bit easier. Whether that’s with psychometric tests, assessment centres, or interviews – I feel a lot more confident going forward. And with that said, I would like to begin my journey in consultancy either in finance or technology. I look forward to what the future holds beyond KBS!

Interested in studying Finance and Investment with a Year in Industry?

Interested in becoming a Student Ambassador? Find out more here.

One response to “Student Ambassador, Rebecca: ‘The professors will always make time for you’