Student Ambassador, Phoebe: ‘I’m proud to be a representative of our business school’

Spotlight on our Student Ambassador, Phoebe Hemming

Phoebe is studying BSc International Business with a Year Abroad. She is one of our fantastic Student Ambassadors. Read about her experience of studying at Kent Business School.

What surprised you the most about studying at Kent Business School?

I was so pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to make friends and connections within the business school. Everyone is so warm and welcoming here, and it felt very easy to slip into place at KBS.

What do you love the most about studying International Business?

My favourite thing about International Business is the passion the lecturers have for their subject. It’s so much more interesting when you know that your teachers have a real interest in what they’re telling you and it makes you want to learn it too.

Tell us about your social life at Kent.

I joined the lacrosse team this year and am really enjoying the fun and competitive nature of the sport as well as the close family bond that the team has given me. I have made so many other friends by joining different groups at Kent over the years including Yoga, Surfing and the Business Start-Up Journey. There really is something for everyone and I’d encourage people to get involved in as many things as possible and take advantage of the opportunities while they’re available.

What do you wish you knew before you started at Kent Business School that could have helped you prepare?

I was impressed by just how much support was available at KBS to help students make the leap from college or sixth form to higher education. It can be quite daunting at first but there are so many places you can turn to for advice or a chat and everyone really wants you to succeed and feel happy here.

Tell us about your experience as a KBS Student Ambassador.

I applied to be an ambassador because I wanted to make sure I was taking advantage of all opportunities KBS offered in my final year of university. I’ve really been enjoying engaging with the student experience in this way and getting to see KBS from an outsider’s perspective again.

In January, I worked on the Kent and Medway Business Summit which was a fantastic day in which I got to network with some business professionals and get an insight into the future of businesses within Kent.

I’m also excited to be working the upcoming applicant days to share the benefits of university life and my great experiences so far of studying within KBS, and hopefully inspire some prospective students to join us next year!

This job is great for developing all sorts of life skills like teamwork, communication, organisation and public speaking, all of which I know I’ll be able to take into any job next year. I’m proud to be a representative of our business school and show that I can be relied on to take on a position of responsibility in the future.

Where do you want your degree and experience to take you after you graduate?

I am really interested in culture and understanding the cultural differences between countries so after university I would love to go into the business travel sector and look at how people and businesses communicate across borders.

Interested in studying BSc International Business? 

Want to know more about doing a Year Abroad? 

Interested in becoming a Student Ambassador?