Student Ambassador, Gabi: ‘There is support available, whatever the circumstances’

Spotlight on our Student Ambassador, Gabi Bobrovskyte

Gabi is studying BSc International Business with a Year in Industry and is one of our wonderful Student Ambassadors. Read about her experience of studying at Kent Business School.

What surprised you the most about studying at Kent Business School?
I was pleasantly surprised by the great facilities that KBS has to offer, particularly the Bloomberg Finance lab and the spacious study spaces located in the Sibson building. Before joining, I was not aware of programmes such as the ASPIRE Business Start-Up Journey, which provides students with an opportunity to pursue their ambitions and build practical skills with plenty of support from business experts. These are just a couple of benefits that help contribute to a great university experience.

What do you love the most about studying International Business?
This field of study is increasingly important with the majority of contemporary businesses operating internationally. Studying International Business has provided me with comprehensive commercial awareness at a global level, which is particularly valued by employers. The programme covers a broad variety of subjects that have helped me understand how companies operate across borders and how their global strategy is shaped. Naturally, the course of study includes a degree in academic theory, however, our seminar discussions frequently revolve around recent case studies and relevant international matters.

Tell us about your social life at Kent.
As I was staying on-campus (Turing College) during my first year of studies, I have made friends from various countries and fields of study. During my first year I joined the Kent Sports Centre, which is a great place to socialise and keep fit. The University of Kent offers a wide range of societies such as Kent Invest, which helped me expand my network and socialise with like-minded people. I also enjoy attending any events organised by our Student Union, which provide an opportunity to meet new people in our on-campus cafes and bars.

What do you wish you knew before you started at Kent Business School that could have helped you prepare?
Like most people, I was super nervous before starting university. The key thing to note is that there is support available, whatever the circumstances. It is useful to know where you can receive the help you need and whom to reach out to.

Where do you want your degree and experience to take you after you graduate?
Following my Placement year at Aldi, I have secured a role as a Global Business Coordination Specialist which I will return to upon graduation.

Interested in studying BSc International Business with a Year in Industry?

Interested in becoming a Student Ambassador? Find out more here.