Help to Grow Management: ‘I felt it was time to invest in myself’

Gloria Opara, CEO of Cyber Engineers Training Programme in Medway is taking our Help to Grow: Management course. We caught up with her at the first face-to-face session earlier this month.

‘Having run my own business for five years, I felt it was time to invest in myself. I looked at the content of the course and felt it was something that I needed.

The course is very useful, I feel very privileged to have the time to do this. We’ve talked about strategy and innovation, Digital Adoption, Internationalisation and winning new markets.

Also, it is great just to know that there are so many other business owners in the same boat as I am, struggling with the same challenges, and hoping to gain further insights from this programme.

I like the hybrid style of learning; I couldn’t have done it any other way. Face-to-face is important but virtual also gives me the time to find the time to do it without having to travel.

My aspirations are to scale, to grow – not only the business but to grow in confidence, as a business owner and this course is helping me to achieve that.’

Take part in our government-backed Help to Grow: Management Programme at Kent Business School. Available to leaders and decision makers in small and medium-sized businesses.