Former KBS Student Nadia Ewura-esi nominated for Sustainability Award

Former Kent Business School student,  Nadia Simpson (also known as Ewura-Esi) has been nominated for a sustainability award by networking consultancy, The Gen Z Club.

Nadia studied Accounting and Finance with a Year in Industry and launched her natural haircare range, Nu Elefa, while she studied with the help of ASPIRE.

The Gen Z Club is a community that aims to inspire, empower and connect young entrepreneurs together in a growth-based environment through workshops, events and effective resources.

VOTE FOR NADIA HERE

Nadia’s sustainable and ethical haircare brand is made from recyclable products and from every sale, she donates 10 per cent to Blessed Little Angels school in Ghana.

Of the brand, Nadia says: ‘In 2017 I took a trip to Ghana for the summer, to end the trip of course I had to get my hair done. I decided to do a feed-in cornrow style at a salon. I could feel my baby hair being pulled on, as the hairstylist was doing my hair. When it was time to take these braids out, I was not surprised with the amount shedding I had, due to how tight the braids were. Fortunately, before I left Ghana I bought an array of oils that I later used to save my damaged hair.

‘I was just starting my first year at university so you can imagine how desperate I was to find the magic formula! After extensive research and experimenting in my uni halls and on my friends, I found the perfect non-toxic formula. So in 2018, while juggling my studies, I started selling my products to my uni friends , and they couldn’t get enough of the good stuff (big shout out to my flatmates)!’

Nu Elefa has been a huge success with the Kent alumna appearing at London Fashion Week and major press titles, including lifestyle giant, Forbes, since it launched.

The awards will be presented at a ceremony in central London later this month.

Find out more about Nu Elfa

Vote for Nadia in the Gen Z Awards here.