Student Ambassador, Bhargavi: ‘I Get Much More Support Than I Expected!’

Spotlight on our Student Ambassador, Bhargavi Joshi

Bhargavi is studying a Master’s in Business Analytics and is one of our wonderful Student Ambassadors. Read about her experience of studying at Kent Business School.

What surprised you the most about studying at Kent Business School?

I love the fact that I study at Kent Business School, knowing that it is one of the globally recognised business schools. KBS is part of the 1% of top global institutions to gain the ‘Triple Crown’ accreditation (EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA). What’s more, the professors at Kent Business School are top ranked.
I was also surprised with the facilities Kent Business School provides to their students as well as the continued relationship they foster with their alumni.

What do you love the most about studying M.Sc. in Business Analytics?

The things I like most about studying at Kent Business School are the curriculum and the professors. They are very supportive in every aspect. I am getting much more support and contact than I expected. The initiatives taken by various departments for the students’ growth and development are just perfect, and this is helping students in many ways. I also love the careers and employability services. The guidance I have received from them is helping me a lot in terms of improving my interpersonal skills.

Tell us about your social life at Kent

I make sure I participate in as many events taking place every week as possible. I constantly keep networking with people from various countries, to know about the diverse cultures.

What do you wish you knew before you started at Kent Business School that could have helped you prepare?

Before coming to Kent, I did very detailed research about the multiple programs on offer. Then a few months before joining, I participated in 4 online global events where each detail about the University of Kent was shared. This was very helpful in knowing details about Kent Business School and the University of Kent. Preparation is key!

Where do you want your degree and experience to take you after you graduate?

After graduation, I want to join one of the top firms where I should be able to apply the skills and knowledge I acquired while studying at Kent. The day I step out of the University of Kent, I want to be industry ready and well-equipped with the expertise that industry demands.

Can you tell us a bit more about the Great Britain scholarship and what you had to do to receive it?

GREAT Scholarships offer students from 14 countries the opportunity to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses and India is one of those countries. Each GREAT Scholarship is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council, along with participating UK higher education institutions.

I submitted an essay explaining my past academia, professional career and extracurricular activities, as well as social work I have done. There is just one scholarship offered per institution, so I felt very blessed and proud of myself all at the same time when I was successful and was granted a scholarship.

It is not just a financial benefit; I also get great exposure as the British Council invites me to multiple events to network with people and learn new things at the same time.

Interested in studying MSc Business Analytics, like Bhargavi? Find out more here.

Interested in becoming a Student Ambassador? Find out more here.