Help to Grow Management: ‘I am a More Responsible Business Owner’

Valeria Berrazueta Jaramillo, the director and founder of barbershop Shepherds Grooming, has welcomed the Help to Grow: Management course now being delivered by leading business schools. 

Help to Grow: Management is aimed at small and medium-sized businesses in the UK that employ between 5 and 249 employees. It is run by expert facilitators from leading business schools that are accredited by the Small Business Charter, including Kent Business School.

The course is worth £7,110 per participant but is 90% subsidised by the government, meaning business leaders pay just £750 for tailored, high-quality business training.

Business leaders can benefit from 50 hours of in-depth training, one-to-one business mentoring, and the opportunity to grow their business fast. They can take part around existing work commitments and access learning through a blend of online and face-to-face sessions. Valeria says:

“The course has encouraged me to become a more responsible business owner and understand what I need to put in place to be successful. I believe all business owners should take time to step back, look at their business, and re-evaluate and develop with the times, so they don’t get stuck in old or bad practices.

“My mentor has helped me to focus on the financial side of the business. I feel I am in a better position to make decisions based on the financial knowledge of my business.

“I have also learnt a huge amount from my peers as they have more experience than me leading their own business and I have learnt how they have overcome the same obstacles I am facing now.”

Those who undertake the training will develop skills in financial management, strategies for growth and innovation, digital adoption and responsible business practices. It features inspirational business leaders and the opportunity to learn alongside local peers, with access to a national alumni network. Business leaders develop a realistic and valuable Growth Action Plan that is tailored to the challenges they face.

Anne Kiem OBE, Executive Director, Small Business Charter and Chief Executive, Chartered Association of Business Schools, said: “The business schools delivering this course have a fantastic track record supporting many thousands of business leaders to grow their small and medium sized businesses

“Help to Grow: Management is a unique opportunity to access world-leading support to work for your business without taking too much time out of your business.”

Find out more about signing up for the next offering of Help to Grow Management at Kent Business School

Help to Grow is a £520 million scheme to help owners of small and medium-sized businesses take their business to the next level. 

Watch our briefing webinar here.