If you are about to embark on an undergraduate degree and want to brush up on your knowledge nice and early, you are in the right place.
Here, our course leaders provide a list of the best texts to make a start on your chosen subjects before you start your course…
Accounting and Finance
- Introduction to Financial Accounting 9th Ed – Andrew Thomas & Anne Marie Ward, McGraw Hill 2019
- Augustine Benedict and Barry Elliott (2011). Financial Accounting: An Introduction 2nd Edition, Pearson Education Ltd, Harlow. 978-0-273-73765-0
- Bhimani, A., Horngren, C. T., Datar S. M. and Rajan, M. (2019), Management and Cost Accounting, 7th edition, Pearson.
Finance and Investment
- The impact of Covid-19 on G7 stock markets volatility: Evidence from a ST-HAR model. https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3607842
- News Uncertainty in Brexit United Kingdom. https://www.aeaweb.org/articles?id=10.1257/aeri.20200019
Business and Management
- Introduction to Management, e.g. by John R. Schermerhorn Jr. and Daniel G. Bachrach | 14 Apr 2015
- The Global Business Environment: Towards Sustainability? by Janet Morrison | 28 Feb 2020
- The Business Environment: Themes and Issues in a Globalizing World by Paul Wetherly and Dorron Otter | 29 Mar 2018
- Daniels, John D. (2019), International Business: environment and operations 16th Edition, England, Pearson.
- Villena, V. H., & Gioia, D. A. (2020). A more sustainable supply chain. Harvard Business Review, 98(2), 84-93.
- Dicken, P. (2015). Global shift. New York: Guilford Press.
- A Very Short, Fairly Interesting and Reasonably Cheap Book about Management Theory
- Buchanan, D. and Huczynski, A. (2020). Organizational Behaviour. Pearson.
- Wetherly, P., & Otter, D. (2018). The business environment: Themes and issues in a globalising world. Oxford University Press.