World-leading tech entrepreneur Dr Rana el Kaliouby has been confirmed as a keynote speaker at the Kent & Medway Business Summit 2021. A pioneer in artificial emotional intelligence (Emotion AI), Rana is Co-founder and CEO of Affectiva, an MIT Media Lab spinoff and author of Girl Decoded.
Forbes recently included Rana in their list of America’s ‘Top 50 Women in Tech’, Fortune Magazine included her in their 2018 ’40 Under 40′ and she was named one of the three Global Business pioneers by Bloomberg in 2017.
As one of few women leading a disruptive global AI company, she speaks about innovation, women in technology, ethics in AI and leadership.
Affectiva’s award-winning Emotion AI technology is deployed in over 90 countries and sectors including automotive, education and healthcare to measure emotional responses to digital content.
“We are delighted that Rana is joining the virtual Summit in 2021. As a school, we champion sustainable innovation which is an excellent fit with Rana’s work in Emotion AI. Her keynote will offer a global perspective, but with local relevance for businesses in Kent and Medway looking to innovate and capitalize on technology trends.”
Rana joins an impressive line-up of speakers at the Summit, which will take place in the virtual Remo platform on Friday 15 January 2021.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Phil Eckersley from the Bank of England delivering the latest insights on the UK economy and looking at trends into 2021 and beyond.
- Prof Anand Menon, Director, UK in a Changing Europe, talking about the impact of the UK’s new political relationship with the EU for Business.
- Dr Roger Barker, Head of Policy, Institute of Directors bringing the latest from Government on Covid-19.
There will also be high-level updates from Kent and Medway councils and briefing on the latest business opportunities from major regional projects and development by Gavin Cleary, CEO, Locate in Kent.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to join interactive workshops on key business themes:
- Building a green economy through sustainable infrastructure
- The future of our high streets
- Food and drink productivity
- Skills and jobs in the digital, creative and cultural sectors
The workshops will include insights from industry leaders and offer the chance for businesses to have their say in shaping the region’s future.
Tickets to the Kent & Medway Summit 2021 cost £10. Secure your ticket here.