Professor Des Doran represented Kent Business School at the annual meeting of the Joint Enterprise University Learning programme.
The aim of this project is to establish and develop lasting cooperation among the Higher Education Institution (HEI) and private sector to:
- influence the way universities work
- enable them to learn from the entrepreneurial nature of companies
- develop and use case studies based on the experience of companies
- enhance their teaching and learning methods
- gain an understanding of the needs of enterprises
- improve the curricula accordingly.
The idea is to move towards becoming Entrepreneurial Universities.
KBS has been tasked with delivering a number of Case Study Workshops that focus upon the key teaching areas of partner universities from China and Vietnam and is responsible for addressing the Quality Assurance aspects of the project.
“The project has been very insightful for exploring the development of teaching approaches to entrepreneurial learning and the way our colleagues in China and Vietnam had developed their relationships with their respective business communities.” – Professor Doran