KBS Senior Lecturer Celebrated for Teaching

On July 10 the outstanding achievements of Kent staff were celebrated in the Darwin Suite on the Canterbury campus

Over 80 guests attended the first awards to celebrate teaching, research and innovation excellence at the same event.

The 25 award-winners were introduced by Deans of their Faculties and received their award from the University’s Vice-Chancellor and President, Professor Karen Cox. She said:

At a time when we are facing a huge range of demands while working to provide an outstanding student experience and undertake cutting-edge research, this is an opportunity to come together and recognise what makes Kent great: excellence, collegiality, and a willingness to think differently.’

Sue Tarrant, Senior Lecturer in Law, Innovation and Enterprise at KBS was awarded a Faculty of Social Sciences Teaching Award alongside Dr Suhraiya Jivraj from Kent Law School.

“I am absolutely delighted to have been awarded the Faculty of Social Sciences Teaching Award 2019. The students who undertake the law modules at KBS take on a real learning challenge, and every year they never fail to impress me with their enthusiasm and resilience. I would not have been able to secure this prize without them, and as such, it is as much a recognition of their efforts and success as it is of my teaching and the game they inspired me to create.” – Sue Tarrant

Interested in Business Law, Innovation and Enterprise? Take a look at our International Business and Business Management programmes