Prize Awarded to Dr Catherine Robinson

Director of Graduate Studies, Dr Catherine Robinson is awarded a Graduate School prize. The Prizes recognise the excellence of postgraduate researchers and the outstanding work carried out in support of postgraduate research and education.

This year, the School Director of Graduate Studies (DoGS) prize was awarded to Dr Catherine Robinson from Kent Business School’s (KBS).

‘The DoGS (Taught) role involves so many aspects of our core activity and I now have a better appreciation of how the university machine works. Since I began in this role, student numbers have grown, our postgraduate programmes have changed and we have launched two new exciting programmes at Medway. Throughout this period of change, Martin Meyer, Dean of the Business School, has provided me with direction and guidance.’ 

‘I was delighted to be awarded the Graduate School Prize particularly because it was lovely to be nominated by those I work with.  The support from Tamsin Harris and Lyndsay Whiting is amazing; they have made it fun and have shown incredible patience with me, especially when I first started. 

I’m grateful also to Marian Garcia, my mentor and line manager – she held the job before I, and has been unstintingly supportive.  In addition, my counterpart at undergraduate level, – Zita Stone – is wonderful; acting as a sounding board and critical friend as we try to progress education and student experience in our school.  

School Manager, Paul Verrion and Charlotte Lynsdale in KBS Admissions have also given me tremendous support and guidance.  My role involves working with so many of my colleagues in KBS; it’s a real team effort, so I see that this is more recognition for our collective efforts!’

KBS has a large postgraduate community, approximately 350 students on 9 programmes, led by directors who are experts in their fields. Catherine explained ‘We have masters students with us for such a short time but we are all committed to ensuring they have the best possible learning experience, setting them on the road to lifelong learning.’

Find out more about studying at postgraduate level with us