KBS Staff Win 22 above and Beyond Awards

Eighteen members of Kent Business School (KBS) staff win Above and Beyond Awards

The Above and Beyond Awards were launched by Kent Union to celebrate outstanding members of staff. Students can nominate academic and non-academic staff who they believe have gone above and beyond in their role.

The awards have no official ceremony but the winners are presented with an Above and Beyond mug and certificate, featuring comments from the student/s that nominated them.

Director of Education at KBS, Dr Zita Stone said ‘KBS works constantly works at improving the education experience for all involved: for students to have a transformative learning experience, for staff to lead inspirational classes and for external partners to benefit from the highly employable graduates the education process produces’

This year, eighteen of Kent Business School’s staff have won the award, with four individuals winning two awards:

• Annunziata Esposito Amideo tweeted – ‘So nice when students appreciate your hard work and then you get an #aboveandbeyondaward! Thanks @KentUnion and to the students who nominated me for this recognition! @KBS_Kent @UniKent’
  • Dr Michele Bigoni‘I am grateful to my wonderful students for awarding me this prize for the third consecutive year. The award is a further incentive to do my best to make my students’ time at the University of Kent as productive and enjoyable as possible’
  • Dr Qionglei Yu‘Students’ comments on my teaching style is the best present for me. This becomes such an inspiration that keeps me trying more innovative ways to deliver and impact knowledge. I hope both my students and myself are enjoying our learning trips’
  • Dr Timothy King – ‘I am delighted to win this award, which recognises my student first approach to teaching and feedback. I strongly believe that students should be exposed to enthusiastic, research-led teaching in a stimulating environment that encourages them to learn and to truly question. This award is testament to my teaching ethos and to my students’
  • Dr Steve Robinson
  • Dr Yu-Lun Liu‘For me this award solidifies that students and teachers can be close partners, working and learning from each other as we progress and improve together through the year’
  • Dr Zita Stone x 2 – ‘Student recognition is the best award an educator can achieve, it’s certainly a motivation to keep working hard at taking students through their learning journey

Nominate a member of staff who you think has gone above and beyond