Kent Business School MSc Student Awarded ESRC Scholarship for PhD

esrc

Eirini Bersimi, MSc Finance (Kent Business School) graduate was awarded the scholarship by South East Network for Social Sciences (SeNSS).

After completing her MSc Finance (Financial Markets) in 2016 and working in industry for a year, Eirini will return to Kent Business School in September to begin her fully-funded PhD in Finance. Eirini has been awarded a maintenance grant of £14,296 as well as full tuition fees at the home/EU rate to support her research on volatility forecasting and asset allocation in portfolio management as supervised by Dr Ekaterini Panopoulou (Reader in Finance).

SeNSS scholarship students are considered to be part of an elite group of researchers and are given the best possible opportunities at the beginning of what is hoped to be a hugely successful research career. As Eirini explains:

‘The ESRC SeNSS Studentship holds a prestige among the academic community. I believe its interdisciplinary research networks and advanced training opportunities will support my research and equip me with the relevant skills to successfully complete my doctorate. By participating in conferences I will learn from others and improve my own skills and knowledge of my field. It is also a great opportunity for networking with researchers with similar interests, that could possibly lead to research collaborations.’

The University of Kent is proud to be part of SeNSS which has been accredited as a prestigious Doctoral Training Partnership by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) in July 2016. Partners include the Universities of East Anglia, Essex, Reading, Roehampton, Surrey and Sussex and Royal Holloway, University of London. SeNSS is one of only 14 UK ESRC-funded Doctoral Training Partnerships and will be offering a number of full-funded ESRC doctoral studentship to start in September 2017.

Find out more and apply for this scholarship.