KBS’ Business Start-up Journey Launch a Huge Success

Building upon it growing reputation for encouraging students to start their own business, KBS launched its Business Start-up Journey this week. Over 170 students were in attendance, eager to hear the success stories of award-winning entrepreneurs and to find out more about the innovative new programme.

The Business Start-up Journey, is a step-by-step programme that aims to develop the next generation of new business start-ups. The ‘Journey’ supports students through dedicated training and mentorship from idea generation to the preparation of an investor-ready business plan.

Mentors include established entrepreneurs such as Daniel Rubin, CEO of Dune Group, Paul Dyer, Co-Founder of the Towergate Group and Sebastian Brock of Chattoo app.

The launch of Business Start-up Journey this week brought together Kent Excellence in Business Award (KEIBA) Entrepreneur of the Year award winners Becky Campbell (MD, Reflect Digital) and Bal Sandher (Director, Hectic Lifestyles) together with Michael Muzio (MD, Now4cover), who presented their start-up stories in a lively Q & A session.

Marilia Paraschou (Master’s in Law (LLM) International Law and International Relations) student attended the event and comments:

“I went to the Business Start-up Journey launch as I’m looking to gain the practical skills to set up my own law firm after I finish my studies. I think the Business Start-up Journey is a unique opportunity for students to gain a practical business education idea –  I haven’t seen anything similar to this at other universities.”

For questions related to Business Start-up Journey, please contact David Williamson, Director of External Services at D.Williamson@kent.ac.uk or 01227 824855.

*To apply for Stage 3 of the Business Start-Up Journey please visit the Business Start-Up page