Kent County Council – Maidstone
Job Description: Procurement Placement Student
|Directorate:||Business Strategy & Support|
|Unit/Section:||Finance & Procurement|
|Grade:||KR 4 £17k|
|Responsible to:||Head of Procurement|
Purpose of the Job:
Support the implementation of procurement plans and Category strategies within the Procurement Team. Support procurement exercises; production, amendment and placement of new contracts, agreements and schedules. Carry out placement of orders using Oracle system as required
This role may involve all or some of the above but will be designed to support a number of procurement projects in the year placement.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1) Work with P2P team in creation of orders as required by Procurement Management
2) Support the P2P team to establish that the correct supplier/contract is being used; where there is doubt, contact the requester and resolve. If resolution is not possible, escalate to the appropriate Procurement Manager
3) Support the team to create professional tendering service to clients, helping to ensure best value is maintained and demonstrated throughout. Support tendering cycles, from specification through to dispatch of tender and final contract award
4) Utilise the contracts register in order to support the Category in forward planning of procurement
5) Support appropriate consolidation and rationalisation of existing contracts and agreements to deliver best value to the Council
6) Promote best practice at every opportunity to raise the standards of procurement across the Council
7) Research and implement where necessary the UK procurement laws and Council procedures
8) Carry out projects as designated by the Head of Procurement
Person Specification: Procurement Placement Student
|QUALIFICATIONS||Undertaking a relevant Degree level|
|EXPERIENCE||Dealing with people, Procurement awareness|
|SKILLS AND ABILITIES
|IT literate with standard Microsoft desktop tools. Good investigative skills, analytical approach and proven numerical skills.|
|KNOWLEDGE||Awareness of Kent County Council as an organisationAwareness of Procurement
|PERSONAL QUALITIES||A proven ability to prioritise and meet deadlines. Excellent interpersonal skills- written and oral at all levels.Flexible approach with ability to balance risks against business requirements.
Able to work on own initiative, taking responsibility and ownership for actions and decisions surrounding area of responsibility.
Ability to cope with pressure.
How to apply:
Please apply by Monday 17th June to D.Kemp@kent.ac.uk. Your applications will then be passed onto the team at KCC for shortlisting and interviews will take place on Tuesday 25th June. (You will be told by Friday 21st June if you have been shortlisted for an interview).