Business School student wins Employability Points award

Cllr John Gilbey presents Jack Moss with his awardMasters in Value Chain Management student Jack Moss was recently awarded the University of Kent’s Highest Employability Points for Kent Business School.

Jack was presented with an iPad Mini by Canterbury City Council Leader Cllr John Gilbey, who said “The University should take full credit and satisfaction for developing this scheme. The scheme is fantastic because it provides people with the skills to survive in a difficult world.  It’s a real credit to be an Employability Points prize winner, and Canterbury City Council were determined to be a part of the scheme this year.”

Jack, who also gained his undergraduate Degree in Business Administration from Kent Business School spoke highly of the University’s Employability Points Scheme “I feel Employability Points is a scheme that sets Kent aside from other Universities. Not only has it enabled me to be fast tracked through a recruitment process at Enterprise Rent-a-Car, but I have also won a fantastic prize.  Employability Points has also enabled me to collate all of the extracurricular activities I carry out and gives me a mental ‘list’ to call upon during interviews and assessment centres when tough questions come up.

Employability Points has also encouraged me to undertake additional extracurricular activities ranging from attending events to undertaking the careers employability module (which I feel is invaluable and ought to be compulsory to all students) in the pursuit of more and more points.

I cannot thank Canterbury City Council enough for very kindly putting up the fantastic prize, and I only hope that next year, or soon after, as the scheme grows and gets stronger and stronger that I’ll be able to offer a reward or award to someone. I hope Employability Points utilises its alumni, in the pursuit of creating an even better scheme.”

Kent Business School would like to congratulate Jack on his award.  For more information on the University’s Employability Points Scheme, please visit their webpage at – http://www.kent.ac.uk/employabilitypoints/