36 hours per week, Fixed-term contract (1 year), Salary: Circa £13K per annum pro-rata
September 2013 – September 2014
Location: Sydenham, South East London
Founded in 1967, St Christopher’s Hospice has pioneered the modern hospice movement and is internationally renowned as a centre of innovation and expertise in the field of palliative care.
The hospice is currently looking to recruit a Database Assistant to work on its Fundraising Team. The position will be offered on a fixed-term basis for one year. The post-holder will assist in all aspects of database support, donation processing and data entry within the fundraising team. They will also assist donors at reception and help out on the day at our larger fundraising events at the Hospice.
We are looking to recruit an individual with good IT and administration skills and preferably some knowledge of databases. Applicants will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an interest in the charitable sector. Knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge database and previous experience of working in a charity setting would be desirable but not essential.
For further information on the hospice, please visit our website at www.stchristophers.org.uk.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to Hayley Palmer, Donor Support Officer, at email@example.com or call 020 8768 4610.
Closing Date: 9 August 2013 Registered Charity No: 210667
Job Title: Database Assistant (fixed-term contract)
Responsible to: Donor Support Officer
Overall Purpose(s) of the role
To assist in all aspects of marketing and database support, donation processing and data entry within the fundraising team.
To support the Fundraising Team at events and other fundraising activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing all donations from fundraising campaigns on the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) and acknowledging gifts
- Producing reports for all income processed
- Entering and amending data on Raiser’s Edge database (including Gift Aid and data protection)
- On-going clean-up of data on Raiser’s Edge – as directed by the Donor Support Officer
- Data entry tasks both on Raiser’s Edge and on Excel
- Dealing with donors, volunteers and personnel (on the phone, via email and in person) from other administration teams within the hospice
- Helping out at Fundraising events (often outside of normal hours)
- Contacting supporters by the telephone (as required)
- Any other duties as requested by the Donor Support Officer