Paul Dyer – Leading your Enterprise

Paul Dyer

“Brilliant!” “Great Experience!” “Excellent!” were just a few of the responses to the recent Enterprise Day 2013 and the presentation provided by Guest Speaker Paul Dyer.

Paul, a founder Director of Towergate, one of the UK’s leading insurance intermediaries, provided students with a master class presentation in Leadership and Enterprise and highlighted a range of skills required when leading various sizes of teams with an emphasis on how to lead a small start-up enterprise.

Using real-life examples Paul took a humorous look at how Leadership works well – and where it doesn’t and provided students with tips for looking at their own leadership styles when developing a small business.

“The Leadership skills talk was very insightful and the Ideas Hotbed has given me many questions to bounce my ideas off” said Catherine Onoselase.

“The talk on leadership and the answers were brilliant”, Karlis Berzins.

Paul was also impressed by the students who attended.

“It never ceases to amaze me the sheer exuberance of students at the Business School and their enthusiasm to create their own businesses. I get as much out of presenting to them as I hope they do from my talk.”

As a follow-up to the presentation, David Williamson, Kent Business School Director of External Services, announced that Paul had kindly offered to support the ‘Paul Dyer Challenge 2013’ in the Autumn, a unique opportunity for up to 20 Business School students to undertake an intensive Leadership Development Programme. Please contact David or the External Services team if the Challenge is something you would like to hear more about at kbsbusiness@kent.ac.uk.