Medway School of Pharmacy is proud to announce the launch of a new Bachelor of Science Degree (BSc) in Pharmacology and Physiology. This new BSc programme will be taught as a classic full-time three-year programme or a four year programme incorporating an industrial placement ‘sandwich year’.
The BSc (Hons) Pharmacology and Physiology Programme offers
- A comprehensive understanding of the fundamental principles of pharmacology and an understanding of drug actions in the body
- A comprehensive understanding of the drug discovery and development process, from both an industrial and academic perspective
- A detailed understanding of the variety of state-of-the-art laboratory techniques and research strategies which underpin pharmacology and drug discovery
- A progression route to MSc or PhD study, or employment in the bioscience/pharmaceutical industry
- Teaching by research active experts in pharmacology, physiology and related scientific disciplines
- A substantial research project in an academic or industrial laboratory.
This programme will involve a combination of formal lecture-based learning and laboratory practicals as well as seminar-based question and answer sessions to facilitate in-depth understanding of key concepts.
Throughout the programme there will be a strong emphasis on laboratory techniques, research and future employability.