Exciting news for the Centre for Professional Practice!

The Centre for Professional Practice (CPP) celebrated two professional achievements at the British Association of Dental Nurses (BADN) National Conference which took place earlier in November.

MSc in Advanced and Specialist Healthcare graduate Jacqui Elsden has been elected as President of BADN and during the Conference she presented the Head of CPP Debbie Reed with her BADN Long Service Badge of 20 years.

Jacqui said: “It was a great honour and a lovely surprise to receive a bouquet of beautiful flowers from Debbie Reed during my inauguration ceremony as President of BADN, at the Annual National Dental Nursing Conference which was held at Oxford on 1& 2 November 2019. It was particularly notable as Debbie was my educational supervisor for my MSc at the University of Kent during my time of study; 2013-2016, from whom I received selfless professional support and guidance. It was a greater honour therefore, to be able to, as President, present to Debbie during the same ceremony, her BADN long service badge of 20 years. Debbie’s commitment towards our dental nursing profession and our professional association is clear for all to see as her hard work and dedication, to enable dental nurses to achieve their potential is exemplary.

During my first few weeks of President I have been busy liaising with the Chair, Malcolm Smith, of the Advancing Dentistry Review together with meeting a number of colleagues representing their own dental professional associations, the dental press and the GDC. During my time as President, I will ensure that I use my position to advocate positively, our role as dental nurses within and external to the profession”.

Find out more about the Centre for Professional Practice:  www.kent.ac.uk/cpp