Alumna production Boots at the Bunker Theatre

Promotional image for the play 'Boots', showing at the Bunker Theatre until 16 March 2019.

Alumna Sanna-Karina Aab, who graduated from the School of Arts with a BA (Hons) in Drama and Theatre in 2016 and an MA in Creative Producing in 2017, has produced a show currently running at the Bunker Theatre, London.

Boots tells a story of two women, Liz and Willow, who meet in Boots – the high-street pharmacist. When Willow is not providing ‘excellent customer service’ she talks to Liz, a customer at the store and who has a habit of leaving her husband in the utility room.

The two women are from different backgrounds, different generations and seemingly entirely different worlds, yet form a powerful cross-generational friendship when they find something in common: their love of trees… and their loneliness. As the roots of their past entwine, they discover an unexpected path in the woods that leads them where they never thought they’d go…

Boots is my third show,’ explains Sanna. ‘For this particular show, I was approached by the theatre – they had the show already programmed but they needed someone to manage it. It’s a completely new play, so it’s been interesting to see the process as the play was still changing during the rehearsals. We have so far received some incredible feedback by our audiences as well as the critics.’

How has her time at Kent contributed to her career? ‘The MA Creative Producing helped me massively as it taught me the basics of theatre producing and gave me a good understanding of the industry. It is a great foundation for my career. I graduated in 2017. I have so far produced three Off-West End productions (recently also Beast on the Moon and White Guy on the Bus at the Finborough Theatre).’

Boots runs until the 16 March 2019, with ticket prices ranging from £10 to £19.50. For more details, please see the Bunker Theatre’s page here: www.bunkertheatre.com/whats-on/boots/about