Peer recognition for placement student

Hubert Dziedziczak

Hubert Dziedziczak, a Computer Science (Networks) with a Year in Industry student, won the Employee of the Quarter award while on placement at the Wates Group. The award formally recognises individuals who perform tasks far beyond their job descriptions in helping the company achieve its objectives. Nominations are made by colleagues, with the colleague with the most votes announced at the quarterly team briefings.

Hubert said ‘It was great to be recognized by my colleagues, and to see that all my hard work was recognised amongst my peers, and people understood that I’m trying my best to push my year in industry to its boundaries in order to learn as much as I can.’

Hubert is the fifth computing student from Kent to do a year in industry with The Wates Group and another student will be joining the group in the summer. The School of Computing sends over 100 students on placements every year. The School has strong links with industry in Kent, nationally and internationally and has two dedicated placement officers who help students secure roles. The Industrial placement programme is available to all undergraduates and taught Master’s students in the School.

Hubert follows the success of Jordan Norris, another Year in Industry student who won an employee award for going ‘above and beyond’ during his placement year.