The last few years have brought so many changes in the way we study, work and socialise. Find out about workshops designed to help you respond positively to challenges.
The past two years have been full of uncertainty – we’ve had to modify our environment and our participation in our communities quickly and constantly, and for some students this has presented particular challenges. Come along to ‘Reflect, Recover and Empower’ a series of workshops to help students at all stages of study to have a safe space to think through their pandemic experiences in a therapeutic environment, with an expert trainer who will also offer some practical tools for recovery and enhancing your wellbeing in future. Listen or share with like minded students, to recognise your own strengths and resilience, and learn effective techniques to be ready to face what life throws our way next.
- Monday 21st February 7-8.30pm online only – Workshop for LGBTQ+ students
- Tuesday 1st March 1st 7pm – 8.30pm online only – Workshop for PhD students
- Thursday 3rd March 7pm – 8.30pm online only – Workshop for BAME students
- Thursday 10th March 2 – 3.30pm – hybrid onsite and online – Workshop for Neurodivergent students
- Tuesday 15th March 7pm – 8.30pm online only – Workshop for International students
Follow @UniKentSSW on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook for news on other events and peer support groups taking place throughout the year, and if you would like to contribute your experience and perspective to conversations, podcasts or articles on this theme during the month, please email StudentServicesWeb@kent.ac.uk.
Written by Natalia Crisanti, 28.01.22
Check out further articles on Community Life, Disability and Inclusion and Support and Wellbeing.