The application process for the EP Scheme starts at the end of term 2 so here’s what you need to know.
The Employability Points Scheme rewards students for undertaking extra-curricular activities by allocating them points. These points are logged on My Folio – also a great way to keep track of everything you do whilst at university! – and at the end of each academic year you can use your points to apply for summer time rewards such as internships, work experiences and company experience days, amongst others. We work with a great variety of organisations to bring you the best work opportunities possible and provide some very valuable work experience/skill developing rewards.
Term 2 is important as it hosts the deadline for you to log all your activities, alongside the start of the application process!
Here are the important dates for your diary:
- March 7th – EP students will be emailed a ‘Rewards Pack/Brochure’ outlining all the available rewards, what you need to apply and a reminder of the application process
- March 14th, 17:00 – perhaps the most important date – this is the deadline for logging all your activities, anything logged after this will be allocated points but those points will not be considered until the following year
- March 15th – you will be sent an application form
- March 29th – applications close – applications will not be accepted after this date
- May 9 – 27th – interviews will be held for successful students
- June – September – rewards take place (dates to be confirmed with the employer)
Once the application process starts, you are welcome to arrange a meeting with the EP team to discuss your options, ask for advice, ask for help with the application form etc.
We strongly encourage you to apply for as many rewards as possible to maximise your chances of securing one reward – if there is nothing that really ‘grabs’ you, think about what else you could try just for the experience – you never know, it could change your life! Either way, you will gain crucial experience and employability skills, all vital for your CV.
Head to the Employability Points website for more information or check out a full list of our current companies and rewards.
Written by Hannah Jones, staff, on 24.01.22
Check out further articles on Careers and Employability.