The careers fair this year is going virtual!
Virtual Careers Fair
Tuesday 20 October 2020, 10.00-16.00
Taking place on the Careers Fair Plus App
The Virtual Careers Fair is an opportunity for students of all degree subjects to meet with exhibitors offering a variety of graduate and undergraduate opportunities, ranging from Graduate Schemes, Year in Industry placements and Summer Internships to Insight Days.
Preparing for the Careers Fair
- Download the Career Fair Plus App for free to browse the exhibitors and book 1-2-1 chats with recruiters. Appointments are being offered throughout the day so students can choose a time that suits them. Find out more here.
- Browse the list of exhibitors – View exhibitor profiles in advance, find out more about them and view their website. You can also filter and search for opportunities by degree subject, sector or business area
- Book 1-2-1 appointments with those you are interested in via the app.
- Attend a ‘Preparing for the Careers Fair’ talk – Not sure what to say to an employer? Attend one of these talks and improve your networking skills. This session covers a few practical basics such as where to find the exhibitor list and how to book a 10 min appointment, but also how to do your research and what to talk about! There are several sessions in the run up to the fair so book a session now.
- Check the full programme of events for EmpFest2020 – Many of the exhibitors are also offering presentations and skills workshops during the Virtual Employability Festival so why not take the opportunity to do a bit of research before your appointment!
- Make sure your CV is up to date and relevant to the employer so you can download it when you book an appointment
- Be ready for the appointment – the employer will ring you at the time of your appointment so make sure you are in a quiet place where you can talk without interruption. The employer may also contact you before the appointment with a link for an online chat. Make sure you have some prepared questions and show you have done some research about them prior to the appointment.
Why not check out some of the following employers who have roles in IT for computing students:
- Arm Ltd
- BAE systems
- Bank fo England
- Computacenter UK Ltd
- Defence Science and Technology Laboratory
- FDM Group
Don’t limit your choice to these employers do your research and think outside the box!