This summer internship program is for the next generation of software developers eager to gain experience building real world software and products. You’ll help us build new products, new features for existing products, web apps, dashboards and internal tools for all BuzzFeeders. You will work closely with other teams within Tech including Product, Design, and Infrastructure to deliver products and content that help connect people all over the world!
Meet last year’s interns and read about their experiences here!
• You also possess a positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).
• You have a genuine, wide-eyed love of technology and the web.
• You have a hacker mentality, and you love to build cool things.
• You’re a problem solver, and love to get your hands dirty.
• You’ve already mastered a couple of languages in your spare time, and can show us some problems you’ve solved in those spaces, or you are currently enrolled in a Computer Science (or related) program of study
During your internship you will be exposed to:
• Python / Go
• Libraries/Frameworks like React, AngularJS, Backbone.js
• Jinja, Mustache
• Linux (Ubuntu)
• Source Control (Git)
• Databases (MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearch)
• Messaging systems (NSQ, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
• Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
• Service Oriented Architecture
Opportunity Start Date
Further details and to apply visit: https://careers.kent.ac.uk/leap/jobs.html?id=19023&service=Careers+Service