Do you have an interest in technology? Do you want to work for a leading, international firm? Are you looking for a summer internship or a graduate scheme for 2018? Do you want to work with cutting edge technology to transform investment management? If so, you might be interested in applying for a technology internship or graduate scheme for this leading, London based asset manager.
The company is one of the largest investment houses in the UK and one of Europe’s leading asset managers with over £240 billion in funds under management. They have a strong belief in their staff having a great work-life balance. This emphasis on the workplace culture makes this global asset manager one of the best places to work, with unusually low staff turnover. They have over 1300 staff and over 250 investment professionals across the full range of asset classes.
The Technology Schemes
Technology is a vital component of any business and the technology department is key to their success. As an intern or grad in this field, you will be behind the transformation of our client’s technology, people and processes to ensure that the business has the tools it needs when it needs them. Ultimately this involves developing and maintaining internal solutions and applications in addition to integrating external solutions such as BlackRock’s ‘Aladdin’ to meet the requirements defined by business analysts and for use by the asset managers. You could be working in Retail Digital, Data & Integration, Custom Apps Development or Release Management to ultimately provide the tech to support our client’s current and future business.
The Grad Scheme
• The graduate scheme typically lasts between 12 and 18 months and involves a series of 3 month rotations
• Those on the scheme gain first-hand experience in using industry technologies in a challenging environment including BlackRock’s ‘Aladdin’ and Apigee Edge
• Chance to play a core role in delivering change, whilst developing technical skills and learning about the business
• Graduates learn different coding languages, depending on their specific areas of interest
• All grads receive funding and support towards achieving the IMC in addition to further relevant training and qualifications
The Summer Internship
• The internship lasts a minimum of 8 weeks and interns will be placed in one rotation within Investments, Distribution or Regulatory
• Interns will receive training, asset management insight sessions (you don’t need industry knowledge), and regular social and networking opportunities
• There is the possibility of being offered a place on the technology graduate scheme for excellent performance during the internship
• Based in our client’s central London offices
• For this internship you must be graduating in 2019
Who can apply
– You do not need to be technical but you must have a genuine interest in technology and any coding experience would be beneficial
– You do not need industry knowledge or experience
– You may be from any degree background but you must possess the following assets:
-Strong academics (must be on track to receive a 2:1 in your degree)
-Good communication skills
-Strong investigative and critical thinking skills
Deadline 24 November 2017