Arts and Humanities Heroes 2021

In a year quite unlike any other, we wanted to acknowledge how fantastically resilient our students have all been throughout an extremely difficult time.

To recognise this strength our students have all shown, our Student Experience team asked Arts and Humanities students to nominate their ‘hero’.  They were thrilled to receive so many positive and inspiring nominations – we hope these bring you a little piece of joy and a reminder that hope can always be found, even in the toughest times.

Elif Okutan

BA Philosophy 

Nominated by Max Molloy

“Advocate for mental health, helping people in class and online, all whilst moving house.”

Iqra Khan

BA Philosophy and Social Anthropology

Nominated by Emily Carter

“Iqra has worked so hard this year on her dissertation and had plenty of challenges including jury service, personal projects and Oxfam society. Despite her constant business she always makes time to help, me and other people in my dissertation group with our work and dissertations through proofreading.She really deserves to be proud of her achievements and be recognised for how she goes out of her way to help others.”

Julia Archer

BA Philosophy

Nominated by Jared Gisby

“Having previously left university prior to joining Kent, I was really worried that I was unable to even make it a success. In my first year I met Julia and she has since been an ever present rock in my university studies and she has helped me get through extremely hard times both academically and personally. I am truly thankful for all that she has done to help me through my degree and the belief that she has given me, I could not thank her enough, she is my hero!”