Language Centre shares success of training programmes

The Language Centre is currently training fifteen undergraduate and postgraduate students from China, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain through both new and old learning agreements, including the new Mandarin Training Programme.

Language Centre Director, Dr Wissia Fiorucci, says, “We are delighted that we could go ahead with these programmes despite the situation, and that these students are working with us with enthusiasm and professionalism. The trainees take part in seminar activities, but they also organise extra-curricular events under the supervision of lectors and convenors. This is an invaluable opportunity for our students to meet peers from all over the world, and we are looking to expand the training to Arabic and Japanese as well for next year.

I started training postgraduate students interested in language teaching in 2016. The first one came from Italy, Sardinia. The project, that was awarded the Humanities teaching prize in 2019, has expanded since then, and I hope it will continue growing. One of our trainees said in their feedback for the programme: ‘I’m discovering to be a patient person and that I like teaching and helping people to understand something new. I find it to be a rewarding experience'”.