The Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL) is the pre-eminent UK-based professional membership body for language practitioners. It aims to enhance the recognition and promote the value of languages and language skills in the public interest.
Language Students are entitled to free membership to CIOL at Student Affiliate level and the collaboration will provide:
- support for students during their studies and an early exposure to the benefits of belonging to a professional institute
- professional recognition and guidance as they transition from university into their careers
- added value to their undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- industry recognition, improving quality and maintaining standards
- careers support and guidance
- access to useful MFL student resources
- a professional kite mark.
CIOL’s HE Language Partnership gives language students parity with their peers in other chartered professions. They will be part of a network of professional translators, interpreters and language specialists using their skills in business, academia and research.
Further information about the Chartered Institute of Linguists is available at: www.ciol.org.uk