Employability success for Lauren Seward

Employability points logo

Lauren Seward, an English Language and Linguistics BA (Hons) student, secured a work experience placement at Visit Kent, as part of the Employability Points scheme.

The Employability Points scheme is run by the Kent Innovation and Enterprise team at the University of Kent. The scheme rewards students for their involvement in extra-curricular activities. Students can claim ‘Employability Points’ for each activity completed and towards the end of each academic year, students can redeem their points for the chance to apply for rewards. These rewards include paid internships, project placements, work experience, training, vouchers and much more, offered by businesses and organisations.

Lauren secured one of two work experience placements offered by Visit Kent on research and marketing techniques. Visit Kent is the Destination Management Organisation for the county whose mission is to promote Kent as an attractive destination for day visits and short breaks whilst enhancing the tourism industry, its businesses, people, infrastructure and product base.

Speaking of her placement, Lauren said: ‘It was an excellent experience which I found both useful and enjoyable. I am really glad that I took part in the Employability Points scheme and therefore was able to achieve this opportunity which I feel has advanced both my employability skills and career prospects.’

Congratulations to Lauren and we wish her every success in the future.

Further information about the Employability Points scheme is available at: www.kent.ac.uk/employabilitypoints