Linguistics graduate to edit history of Doctor Who

Covers from Doctor Who: The Complete History published by Panini.

Emily Cook, a graduate from the MA in Linguistics and the BA (Hons) in English Language & Linguistics, has recently been appointed as editorial assistant for Doctor Who: The Complete History in association with Doctor Who Magazine, published by Panini.

Doctor Who: The Complete History is a part-work magazine series that will go behind the scenes of every single episode of the long-running sci-fi series, which started in 1963, covering the adventures of all twelve Doctors, from William Hartnell to Peter Capaldi. There will be 80 issues in total.

During her studies, Emily undertook the module Writing In The Media: A Practical Approach, which led her to a work experience placement with Doctor Who Magazine.

On her appointment, Emily said: ‘I am a big Doctor Who fan and have read Doctor Who Magazine avidly for years. When I picked up my first issue of DWM as a young teenager, I never ever dreamed I’d be working for them in years to come. So, it would be an understatement to say I’m extremely excited about this job! To be able to leave university and go into a job which will allow me to use the skills I learnt while studying linguistics at the University of Kent is very rewarding.’

Doctor Who: The Complete History is available from Wednesday 9 September. Full details can be found at: www.dwcompletehistory.com