‘Now, I know that I definitely made the right decision coming here.’

The Uncertainty of Clearing transformed into Abbie Cushion's bright future.

‘Not getting the grades I needed on results day was possibly one of the most stressful moments of my life, but the clearing team at Kent were incredibly helpful and alleviated all of that worry. Their empathy and knowledge surrounding the process made everything a lot easier to cope with. Now, I know that I definitely made the right decision coming here.’

‘I had initially applied for Biomedicine and Kent was my insurance choice, but I was able to change courses, to Environmental Social Sciences, and institutions smoothly and with no difficulty.’

Being able to speak to the Head of Faculty was incredibly helpful, and I remember actually feeling excited when hearing about the different trips and topics I would learn about in the first year.

‘The main thing that attracted me to Kent was the diverse nature of the university, there are so many different people to meet. In addition, the variety of societies really appealed to me – there is something for everyone here. Finally, I was drawn to the campus itself, the location and how green it is.’

My advice would be to research before the clearing lines open.

‘My first year has been incredibly exciting and being a part of the women’s football was undoubtedly the highlight of my year. As well as this, the first year in my studies was enthralling. I felt that with the help of my modules and lecturers that I found my purposes and passions and cannot wait to explore those further in my education.’

‘Getting accommodation was easy. All I had to do was create an account and I was sent my accommodation offer a few days later. The photo for this blog was taken in first year by my campus accommodation; my mates and I saved a baby squirrel! She was in shock but we nursed her back to health. She’s doing incredibly now!’

‘If you’re about to get your A level results, my advice would be to research before the clearing lines open. Kent was my first and last call because I knew it was where I wanted to be. If you cannot do that, my second advice would be to remain calm and know that the clearing team are there to help you. Think of the phone call as an opportunity to highlight why you are passionate to get into that university and what you have to offer.

Good luck!’

Abbie is studying for an Environmental Sciences BA degree.